Response to John

     In John’s blog post, he talked about the class discussion the J+C freshman had about the recent violence in America. He mentions how its so nice to be in a magnet that can come together and have serious conversations about serious things that are going on in the country. As I read his post it made me realize how special conversations like the one we had the other day, and how unique J+C is as a magnet. J+C is teaching young students how to have an opinion on current events and to be able to speak their mind about it. Even if you don’t go into journalism or design in the future, you still learn valuable things that you can have for the rest of your life and will be useful in the real world. Personally, for me, it’s intimidating to share my opinion because of fear of what others may think about me. I like how J+C creates an environment that anyone can say anything, and nobody would judge them. I feel like after reading John’s blog post it opened my eyes to the uniqueness of J+C and how it’s so much more than just journalism and design.

Read John's blog post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been There, Read That

Explanation Yardstick at its Finest